- Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Yes, I feel lightheaded.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique and why?
I couldn’t choose to be honest. I do love the language of British authors from the 1800s and early 1900s.
3. Harry Potter Series or The Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I loved both series at different points in my life. I’ve since outgrown my Twi-phase but I haven’t outgrown Harry quite yet 😉
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it(besides books)?
Yes, I do carry a backpack purse with me. It holds basic things like my wallet, keys, phone, Kindle, a notebook and pen when I need to jot down ideas. I’m a mom so there is always spare diapers, a sippy cup and snacks in there too.
5. Do you smell books?
Indeed. It’s intoxicating.
6. Books with or without illustrations?
Funny story. When I was a child and now getting into Nancy Drew, I didn’t want books with illustrations. I felt it too babyish, however at thirty, I appreciate the artwork, and I also like to read comics from time to time.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
*hides face* Fifty shades of Grey. Yes, I did read it and I did like it despite having problems with the main characters and plot. I think it was the fact that it all started from Twilight fan fiction that drew me towards it. But yes, I was deeply surprised by the literary criticism that the book got. Not that I didn’t see the flaws in it myself but I thought in order for a book to even get published and create such a phenomenon, then it had to be quality writing.
8. Do you have any funny stories including books from your childhood.
Well it’s not really funny and it’s more about the time I was fifteen in high school. My friend and I discovered Mills and Boons….those Harlequinn erotic romances in the school library and boy did we read the heck out of them.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
It’s a small book about cat breeds.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write, and have taken up with it seriously in the last year. And yes, it’s a dream of mine, however far fetched to walk into a bookstore and see my book on a shelf.
12. When did you get into reading?
From the moment I could read actually. We had these reading books in school and they were so interesting, detailing Caribbean history and other tales. And at home I was always gifted and surrounded by books so it was a natural process.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I’ll give some authors instead. Jane Austen, Charles Dicken, the Bronte sisters. Then I also love Dracula, Dr jekyl and Hyde, The Secret Garden, Frankenstein…I could go on and on…when I started reading novels, it was all classics.
14. In school what was your best subject?
Take a wild guess….English!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had before that you hated, what would you do?
If I’m being totally honest, I can’t hurt a person’s feelings when a gift is involved. I was taught that it’s the thought that counts, not really the gift, so I’d probably place it on a shelf and keep it there.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Similarities, I’m not sure. Divergent reminded me of Hunger Games, although I didn’t keep up with the entire Divergent series. I thought the high school in House of Night Series was like a darker, more adult Hogwarts. lol, not really but the thought crossed my mind at that time.
17. What is a bad habit you do while blogging?
Social media and messaging. It’s really the death of productivity.
18. What is your favorite word?
I say basically a lot…does that count?
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’m assuming dork or dweeb is somewhat derogatory. I’m not as near as brilliant as a nerd. I’m just passionate about books, and stories, and characters. It’s my hobby. My personality is on the goofy side if that counts as dork or dweeb.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
The vampires that I first read about existed in Anne Rice’s novels and yes I was all about vampires until they got a little glittery. I’m still undecided 🙂
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels! Because I love the way the TV Show supernatural portrays them.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I’m not a huge werewolf fan but I do enjoy a good horror movie.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
The Walking Dead, that’s why.
24. Love triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love. A person shouldn’t be confused between two loves, then I don’t feel like that’s love. Forbidden Love makes for better anticipation.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
It all depends on what mood I am in when I choose a book to read.
I tag anyone who wants to do thism tag. Hope you enjoy my answers as much as I did answering them.