Halloween is already in my air. Two days of weather in the 60s and I’m already gearing up for my favorite season, the haunted season. Random Kat Facts: I didn’t grow up in the US so Halloween was just a TV thing to me but ohhh how I wished I could be part of that world. Growing up on movies like Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus and a ton of horror movies which I wasn’t allowed to watch. Well…fast forward a few years and here I am. Both my kids and I are excited about it. Have any of you started picking out costumes as yet? We haven’t but my daughter is bouncing around ideas. I feel like she’s leaning towards Trolls.
Without further ado, let me explain my Thriller September theme for reading. I read most genres but I pick and choose what I’m reading based on what vibrations I’m getting, and recently I’ve been feeling a thriller/horror binge.
Here’s what I have in mind for my upcoming reads:
Current reads: IT by Stephen King – As with any movie based on a book, I read the book just before the movie comes out.
- Great Tales of Terror by HP Lovecraft – I’ve always wanted to read Lovecraft because Stephen King, whom I absolutely adore has spoken about being influenced by Lovecraft. I love that it’s a huge volume with a lot to offer, can’t wait to get into it.
- Penny Dreadfuls (Sensational Tales of Terror) – Compiled by Stefan Dziemianowicz
- Kingdom Keepers II (Disney at Dawn) – Ridley Pearson
- End of Innocence – Stephen King
- Lives of the Mayfair Witches – Anne Rice
Most of these are what I’ve had on my TBR for the longest while. If you have any scary reading suggestions, leave them in a comment!